Monday, January 18, 2016

A Day at Grammy's School

    I had been given a gift of being able to stay home with my children while they grew up.  I had also been given a gift of being able to homeschool them throughout their academic years.  I loved every minute of being with them and learning right along side of them.  They are now all in college or have graduated from college and I couldn't be more proud of them. 


                             
                                         
           
                                      

                                                

                                               
                                          

                                   



My oldest daughter and her husband are now having to face the immense decision of whether or not to put their own children in public school or to homeschool them.   The public schools in Alabama are not the greatest to say the least, but they both work and can not see how they could go to a one income household having four small boys. 


I offered to homeschool my grandchildren so that they could have the same opportunities that my children had.  It was a hard decision for me.  I just finished homeschooling six children and the thought of starting over is exciting yet daunting.  

I have learned a lot over the years and I can't wait to do things I wish I had done with my own children. There are a lot of new curriculums on the market and lots of different methods that I didn't know about when I was teaching my own children. 


So for now, I am doing preschool and we are having a ball.  I am using sensory bins and lots of manipulatives to encourage learning while playing.  I can't wait to see where this leads in the next few months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Our Life Recreated