Monday, May 30, 2016

New fencing

We finally got started on a new piece of property for the livestock to graze.  We cleared it last year and seeded it twice trying to cover up all of the mud.
                                             

                                              

                                              

                                              

         
This spring, I was determined to get it fenced so we could start rotating the animals from piece to piece so they won't eat the grass to the ground

       

       

We went with split rail for the front along the driveway and t-posts for the back.  I am trying to get the most for my money and wood is expensive.
                                            
    
       

       

                                         
      
       

The boys are home from school so we have extra help.  The neighbor came over with his bobcat and dug the holes for us.  That saved our hands and backs from digging all those holes.

      

      

      

I like the way it came together and I plan to put raised garden boxes down the front of the fence along the driveway.  I hope to plant herbs, fruit bushes and lots of lavender in them .  

                                          

The arbor that was bought for the wedding last month will go in front of the gate that hubby made and I will plant climbing hydrangeas on it.  I saw them on Pinterest and fell in love with the white blossoms.  We will see if I can keep them alive.  I don't have a green thumb so I need plants that are hard to kill.

      
I hope my vision is one I can pull together.  We will see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Our Life Recreated