Saturday, January 9, 2016

Puppies

We decided to get two new livestock guardian dogs this week.  Our property backs up to the Talledega National Forest and we have lots of wild animals that wonder on to the property looking for food.


We currently have a Lab mix named Bode.  He was the first dog we brought onto the farm.  He is the best guard dog I could ever hope to own.  He will not let anyone on the property without our permission.  He doesn't mind the livestock but doesn't want them bothering him either.



We have a Great Pyrenees named Lily and she is only 10 months old.  She is crippled due to a bad knee but still seems to get herself around the property.  We are going to have her leg removed to help her feel better.  She is a real sweet heart.



We have two Anatolian puppies that we got this past summer.  I am hoping to put them with the sheep when I get the pasture fenced in.  They are giants at only five months old but very laid back.  I can't wait to see how they turn out as they grow.



And then we have the two newest puppies, also Great Pyrenees.  They look like little bear cubs.  I hope they will go out with the goats as they grow.  I can't resist those sweet little faces.  I would love to make them house dogs, but then that wouldn't help with the other critters that wander on to the property.

know six dogs seem like a lot of dogs but we have a pack of coyotes that would just love to snack on my goats or sheep.  I have created a pack of dogs that will hopefully keep that from happening. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Our Life Recreated