Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Three Little Piggies

I had three little piggies.  I was totally smitten with those sweet little piggie kisses that their noses would give me.  They would call for me when I left the room and would come running, squealing when I would call to them.  I don't have three little piggies anymore.

got three Kunekune pigs as two week old babies last spring.  I thought I would raise them to be my breeding pigs so I could have bacon seeds for the freezer.  I really wanted to raise my own meat, but I am having to reevaluate what I want to do on the farm.  The pigs are really hard on the fencing that my husband put up to keep them out of the road.  They seem to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and maybe it is.


I am starting to think that maybe having pigs right now is not what I need to be doing, so I let them go to another family.  I will miss my little piggies so much, but I know that they will be happy in their new home.  


Hopefully one day I will be able to revisit having pigs in the future.  They are the sweetest animals and they added to the character of the farm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Our Life Recreated